The CARE Center seeks to impact southeastern Madison County by reducing poverty through education initiatives, employment resources, recovery programs, and emergency services.
We are guided by our Creator to be the hands and feet of Christ. We encourage those we serve by demonstrating Christ’s love through our actions to create self-sufficiency and hope for the future.
- 57% of children The CARE Center serves are on FREE & Reduced breakfast and lunch.
- 1 out of every 2 kids qualifies for Bags of Blessings weekend food support every Friday during the school year.
- 1 in 3 youth do not graduate from High School.
- Nearly 300 Families supported with a 3-day emergency supply of food by the food pantry monthly.
- 41% of children under the age of 5, in single mother families, are below the poverty level.
- Nearly 2000 children in southeastern Madison county are living in poverty.
- 24.8% of individuals age 65 and older are living below the poverty level.
Fuel Their Hunger to Learn is a holistic approach to meeting all the needs of the kids and families we serve through our outreach and developmental programs. As a faith based organization, The CARE Center believes that in order to Fuel Their Hunger to Learn, we must consider all the facets of each individual as God has designed them to be so unique. There is not one perfect solution or one-size-fits-all. Instead, it takes a multifaceted approach to impact others in ways that can be life changing.
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18
Our holistic approach: In order to Fuel Their Hunger to Learn, we believe we can achieve this well when we share our faith, mentor, tutor, become a lunch buddy, provide weekend food security, devotionals, technology and more. Through these simple acts of kindness and compassion, we will shine like a beacon of hope as we share the love of Christ with our neighbors.
Our neighbor’s barriers: The CARE Center believes that the barriers that keep our families and children from accessing resources and opportunities can be greatly reduced and offered in a tangible and uncomplicated way. Resources are what keep our neighbors from finding success. When we Fuel Their Hunger to Learn, we are connecting them with the same simple principles that most of us live by: faith, hope, and love.
1 Cor 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
So what are the barriers?
- Access to technology
- The rising cost of gas & groceries
- Unreliable transportation
- Unemployment and being under-employed
- Schools that suffer from proration and limited resources
- The Mountains prevent our families from reaching much needed resources
- The distance to get to resources (medical facilities, social services, groceries, and jobs)
How this affects you?
When a student does not reach graduation because of the crisis they are facing daily, they are 8X more at risk of becoming incarcerated. Housing inmates costs tax payers more than $28,000 per year when your current tax dollars aid to pay for students at just $9,000 per year. With your help and through the grace of God, The CARE Center can impact the lives of many families and children in the communities that we serve. To effect change in the life of our community requires an “all hands on deck approach.” We can no longer afford to wait because the cost of doing nothing far exceeds the cost of acting. Together we can decrease the need for CARE Center emergency programs and increase the outcomes in the local community by supporting school success. This is a win-win proposition for each of us who wish to see Alabama continue to prosper.
How you can get involved:
Jer 22:16 He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?” declares the Lord.
News Report from WSFA HERE